• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

New PatchMyPC Report

Started by EntrustDatacard, December 05, 2016, 02:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

I just sent you the link to the beta reports via email.

EntrustDatacard

I got the link and have downloaded the new reports. Thanks!

I'll let ya know what I see when I get time to install them. I have a bunch of customized stuff that I wanna move around and clean up first so I'll let ya know.

Andy K

So right now the following apps are still not in Beta 1.1:

Those were missing:
CPUID CPU-Z
DisplayLink
FileZilla Client
GIMP
Git
ImgBurn
Lenovo System Update
ProgrammerÔÇÖs Notepad
Tableau Reader
VMware Workstation

We will likely have an updated report today with them.

EntrustDatacard

Ok thanks for the info. I'm not going to install the install files you gave me then until all the apps are added. Thanks for the heads up!

Andy K

EntrustDatacard

So any idea if your going to build the new report(s) with all the apps in a single interface or not? Or if I can select multiple apps for a single report?

Andy K

It definitely won't be in version 1.1. We will see what we can do in future updates, but the way the contains SQL statement works we might not be able to do it.

Thanks

Justin

Quote from: EntrustDatacard on February 01, 2017, 03:31:18 PM
So any idea if your going to build the new report(s) with all the apps in a single interface or not? Or if I can select multiple apps for a single report?

Andy K

EntrustDatacard

So what if you allowed multiple apps to be selected and not one by one? Example my manager needs to know what versions of Adobe AIR, VLC Player and Notepad++ and what workstations they are installed on currently. I can run 3 reports just fine but it would be really nice to be able to just select all 3 apps and run the version report and then the details report. Any chance of doing that? Thanks again for helping out. I'm sure i'm getting annoying :) but I appreciate you assistance.

Andy K

That is what we are looking into. Doing multiple apps within a contains SQL statement might be challenging.

Quote from: EntrustDatacard on February 02, 2017, 08:01:29 AM
So what if you allowed multiple apps to be selected and not one by one? Example my manager needs to know what versions of Adobe AIR, VLC Player and Notepad++ and what workstations they are installed on currently. I can run 3 reports just fine but it would be really nice to be able to just select all 3 apps and run the version report and then the details report. Any chance of doing that? Thanks again for helping out. I'm sure i'm getting annoying :) but I appreciate you assistance.

Andy K

ronaldlee

Quote from: Patch My PC Support on December 06, 2016, 09:08:52 AM
We will look into this request. Having a search for 70+ titles will likely be to resource intensive for SQL.

Can you explain what is patchup my pc, is this custom OS or software to control software updates

EntrustDatacard

Justin,

Did you guys ever take a look at a report that I can get for multiple 3rd party apps at once? I know this thread is kinda old but we still need this. I have been tasked to look at all the 3rd party apps to see what versions were running. To do that I need to run a report for each app one by one. As mentioned in the post I'd really like a way to select multiple apps at once. Let me know if you guys have looked into this request.

Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 10:23:15 AM ┬╗
That is what we are looking into. Doing multiple apps within a contains SQL statement might be challenging.

Hey Andy,

We are looking to release updated report very soon. I will keep you posted.

EntrustDatacard

Great thanks Justin!! I appreciate it!

EntrustDatacard

Great Martin can you teach me how to create a report that will scan a specific device group for ALL 3rd party apps?

Justin any update? I'm running outta time. Either I run the reports one by one again or you guys come up with an update that will allow me to select multiple apps at once. Any update or ETA at all for the next report release? I check the forum almost everyday looking for updates :)

Quote from: EntrustDatacard on March 21, 2018, 08:16:02 AM
Great Martin can you teach me how to create a report that will scan a specific device group for ALL 3rd party apps?

Justin any update? I'm running outta time. Either I run the reports one by one again or you guys come up with an update that will allow me to select multiple apps at once. Any update or ETA at all for the next report release? I check the forum almost everyday looking for updates :)

Sorry for the delay on the reports. We just did a revamp of the website and this got put on the back burner. We are looking to get new reports out this week that support Server 2016 and updated app listing for the new apps since the original release. I'm not sure if multiple apps with be included. You can use the dashboard and break into apps released by month.

EntrustDatacard

Thanks for the info! If you could shoot me a link to the new reports when they come out I'd appreciate it.