• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate Edition

Started by Jasonb-NO, November 07, 2023, 09:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasonb-NO

Hi,

We have some users reporting that IntelliJ disappears from computers during upgrade from previous version.
Seems like files are removed, but settings seems to be in place when reinstalling from Company Portal.
Not sure if this is a common issue, or something wrong in our environment.
Anyone else experiencing this behaviour?

Spencer (Patch My PC)

Hey There! Thank you for reaching out on the forum! All of our IntelliJ packages have the following pre-defined script which will remove the older versions as the installer doesn't remove them during the upgrade.

The script can be found here: https://patchmypc.com/scupcatalog/downloads/scripts/PatchMyPC-Remove-Application.ps1

If you would like to view the script in the publisher, you can right click on the products and select the Pre-defined script.

If you know where the settings are stored, you can script a copy of those files over to the new directory post-upgrade. The script can then be set as a Post-Script on the IntelliJ package to retain those settings for the user.

More information on Pre/Post scripts can be found here: https://patchmypc.com/custom-options-available-for-third-party-updates-and-applications#:~:text=Applicable%20To%3A%20Applications-,Add%20custom%20pre/post%20scripts,-This%20option%20allows

Jasonb-NO

Hi,

Thanks for following up on this.

However this issue seems to occur when the IntelliJ update package runs on the clients
Update for IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate Edition 2023 232.10203.10 (EXE-x64)

If I understood your reply correct, you are talking about when running the install application.
Is that right? Or do we need to add Pre/post script to the Update package?

Spencer (Patch My PC)

The IntelliJ update has the same pre-defined uninstall script attached to it. You would need to add the copy post script to the update as well to retain the user settings.

Again, you can see this script by right-clicking on the update package in the Publisher and clicking on the Patch My PC Defined Pre/Post Scripts option.

If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

You can also email me at [email protected] if that would be an easier method of communication! :)