• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Contact The Developers To Make Their Software Compatible !!

Started by Aitch, January 30, 2018, 09:35:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aitch

So, I thought what the hell - let me drop an email to some of my fave developers whose software is not compatible with PMP...

Guess what - a couple of them replied... and said they would make it compatible with their next upgrade!

Kickass !!

Omar, keep an eye out for the next version of:

Everything = https://www.voidtools.com/

RedNotebook = https://rednotebook.sourceforge.io/

Hopefully more will follow soon...  ;)

Everybody who has requested an app should do the same - all it takes is a few minutes of your time!

Go to their website and find the contact email address - then write to them with something short and sweet:

Hello xxxxxx, thank you for creating such awesome software!

I use this nice patching program to keep all my apps updated to the latest version
= https://patchmypc.net/overview

Unfortunately, xxxxxx doesn't work with this, as there is no Display Version or Silent Switch installation...

It would be great if you could amend the code so it does work!

I'm sure many people would highly appreciate it!

Thanks again!

Some won't bother to reply, some will reply, but say they can't... but some will thank you for the suggestion and make the change in their next update!

Awesome!!

Omar (Patch My PC)

Nice! Thanks for the help! I'm willing to do this too soon :) Will keep my eyes on these apps for next updates

Aitch

Of course bro - the Everything dev knows exactly what to do!  ;)

Glad you're gonna start sending out emails dude!  :D

Make 2018 the year that PMP takes over the world !!  8)

Omar (Patch My PC)

Great!
But still PMP won't detect older versions since they are the ones that has the issues! But at least it will work fine in the future.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Quote from: Aitch on January 31, 2018, 08:18:27 AM
Make 2018 the year that PMP takes over the world !!  8)

This will be the year it does! We will be revanping the UI to be more modern this month. You can enable the beta channel if you want to follow along and provide feedback. Right now, I would say it's even more in an alpha than beta. For example, some of the new navigation items aren't doing anything yet, but it should be more complete in the beta channel by the end of the week.

Aitch

Quote from: Admin - Justin on February 01, 2018, 11:19:45 AM
This will be the year it does!
Now that's what I'm talking about!  :D

QuoteWe will be revanping the UI to be more modern this month. You can enable the beta channel if you want to follow along and provide feedback. Right now, I would say it's even more in an alpha than beta. For example, some of the new navigation items aren't doing anything yet, but it should be more complete in the beta channel by the end of the week.
Just updated to version 3.4.1.16 - naturally it still needs work... but already looks far better dude!
- nice to see all the icons!
- expand/collapse of categories is cool!
- the side buttons make a huge difference!

Now that you have those buttons on the left - will you be removing the navigation tabs on the top?

Are you going to keep Website and About? Might be an idea to merge both in to one, and move it to an extra button on the left...

How about rounding off the corners - and maybe removing the top bar and merging it underneath?

And ya gotta make it remember window size when closed/reopened bro!

I'm sure that over the next few months you will incorporate all the apps in the voting poll - and also manage to include the majority of those that are incompatible - 2018 will finally make PMP fully comprehensive! SWEET!

But that doesn't mean y'all can chillax and let development slow down!

Hopefully you will then look to improve the Uninstaller function - so it emulates Revo Uninstaller, by searching for and removing leftovers etc!
This would make PMP a dual purpose app - which would gain you more exposure/publicity with tech websites and reviewers etc... and draw in even more users!

Also, don't forget to update your website too! That is your shop window and gives people their first impression of your company and software...
No offence guys - but it looks like a little kid cooked it up over one weekend lol - hell even a quick Squarespace template looks more professional!
Come dudes - show the world you mean business!

QuoteNow that you have those buttons on the left - will you be removing the navigation tabs on the top?

Yes, it's removed in the current beta now.

QuoteAre you going to keep Website and About? Might be an idea to merge both in to one, and move it to an extra button on the left...

We're still deciding on this

QuoteAnd ya gotta make it remember window size when closed/reopened bro!

This is definitely a feature we are looking at

QuoteHopefully you will then look to improve the Uninstaller function - so it emulates Revo Uninstaller, by searching for and removing leftovers etc!
This would make PMP a dual purpose app - which would gain you more exposure/publicity with tech websites and reviewers etc... and draw in even more users!

We likely aren't going to look at making our uninstall feature in-depth like uninstaller specific apps.

Aitch

Quote from: Admin - Justin on February 04, 2018, 09:48:24 PM
QuoteNow that you have those buttons on the left - will you be removing the navigation tabs on the top?

Yes, it's removed in the current beta now.

QuoteAre you going to keep Website and About? Might be an idea to merge both in to one, and move it to an extra button on the left...

We're still deciding on this

QuoteAnd ya gotta make it remember window size when closed/reopened bro!

This is definitely a feature we are looking at

QuoteHopefully you will then look to improve the Uninstaller function - so it emulates Revo Uninstaller, by searching for and removing leftovers etc!

We likely aren't going to look at making our uninstall feature in-depth like uninstaller specific apps.

Having the website built-in - makes it more likely people will come to the forum and participate...

Bro why don't you wanna develop a kickass uninstaller?
Once you've included all the outstanding apps, and updated the UI - you won't have much else to do lol!
Don't be lazy dude - keep working and improving!

QuoteOnce you've included all the outstanding apps, and updated the UI - you won't have much else to do lol!

We wish that were true  ;)

Go check out .39 beta. Search feature should be working and there's a new hamburger icon on each app group panel to allow you to quickly jump to other app groups.

Aitch

Dude, just letting you know that this error comes up each time the beta updates =

It goes through after clicking continue a couple of times - but then Avast comes up to check it as a suspicious file...
Is this a problem with my computer - or expected until it reaches alpha? 

Quote from: Admin - Justin on February 05, 2018, 10:16:59 PM
QuoteOnce you've included all the outstanding apps, and updated the UI - you won't have much else to do lol!

We wish that were true  ;)
Come on man! It is true lol!
Apart from a little tweaking from time to time - what exactly will you be doing all day?!
(Chatting on Facebook and watching Youtube! :D )

QuoteGo check out .39 beta. Search feature should be working and there's a new hamburger icon on each app group panel to allow you to quickly jump to other app groups.
Getting better every day bro!
As usual though... I have some suggestions lol:

1) Remove the top bar that says "Patch My PC Updater...."
2) Remove the 2nd bar which has the OS/Hostname/Definitions and Ticks with Apps to Install/Apps up to date
3) Create a new button called "Info" where you put all the details from 1 & 2 above
4) Move all the buttons from the side - and put them across the top
5) Add buttons for Website and Rescan Software etc

What's that Justin - you want me to use my world renowned MS Paint skillz to make an exceedingly crappy rendition of what I mean?
Alrighty then!  :P

See how much cleaner that looks dude! It's almost a work of art lol!
Oh I forgot to round off the corners - that is compulsory for a modern app!

Also, seeing as you're gonna add an "info" button - why not include all kinds of system details about the PC in there... like a basic version of the Speccy app?
Something to keep you busy in 2019 lol!

No denying the MS Paint skills.

The download error may have been from us posting a new build while you where updating. We have posted about 5 new ones today.

Aitch

Check out my rounded corners version dudes - elegantly simple, beautifully clean and extremely sexy! :D

Ya really need to openly display how many apps you cover - make a big deal of it as it's your main selling point!

And see what I did with Close/Maximise/Minimise - man, I should design UI for a living lol!

Quote from: Aitch on February 08, 2018, 12:17:56 PM
Ya really need to openly display how many apps you cover - make a big deal of it as it's your main selling point!

We do have them listed here: https://patchmypc.net/supported-products-free-updater

Aitch

Quote from: Admin - Justin on February 08, 2018, 10:27:56 PM
Quote from: Aitch on February 08, 2018, 12:17:56 PM

We do have them listed here: https://patchmypc.net/supported-products-free-updater

Exactly - hidden away where nobody can see! That is the opposite of making a big deal dude!
Why not show the total number, right in yo face, on the home page - and add it somewhere on the app too?

Also, is there a reason why some apps repeat the version number?
Like above - the Unlocker app shows:
Unlocker 1.9.2 - 1.9.2
?

Aitch

Is it possible to tweak the code so it detects when there is a repeated version number - and shows only one?
Would make the app more neat and refined!

Also, eMule doesn't show it's version number at all?