• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Permission to distribute software

Started by iaryaw, October 21, 2021, 05:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iaryaw

Hey,

I am evaluating third-party SCCM/Intune catalogs, Patch My PC seems the most promising, but I have a question.

Does Patch My PC have permission from software vendors to provide updates for their software?

For instance I was reading the EULA for DisplayLink and it says:
10.0.0.0.1 192.168.0.1 192.168.10.1

You may not install, copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works from, rent, sell, distribute, sublicense, offer as a service or transfer any part of the Software except as provided in this EULA or as permitted by applicable law...

So do you have permissions from the vendor? Is it even breaking copyright law as I am not familiar with it.

Thank you in advance.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

The binaries are downloaded directly from the vendor's website.

Quote from: iaryaw on October 21, 2021, 05:32:47 PM
Hey,

I am evaluating third-party SCCM/Intune catalogs, Patch My PC seems the most promising, but I have a question.

Does Patch My PC have permission from software vendors to provide updates for their software?

For instance I was reading the EULA for DisplayLink and it says:
10.0.0.0.1 192.168.0.1 192.168.1.254

You may not install, copy, modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works from, rent, sell, distribute, sublicense, offer as a service or transfer any part of the Software except as provided in this EULA or as permitted by applicable law...

So do you have permissions from the vendor? Is it even breaking copyright law as I am not familiar with it.

Thank you in advance.