• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Chrome updates

Started by ronmanp, October 26, 2015, 12:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronmanp

Hi, I noticed that if a computer is running a newer version of Chrome than the one deployed as a software update the "old" update will still try to install.
If it makes any difference this is happening with 46.0.2490.80 and 46.0.2490.71.

I would expect that if a software is newer than the deployed update the computer would be seen as compliant.
Thank you

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Interesting, that should not be the case, because we are actually looking at the Chrome.exe version in the installation directory. Is it possible that Chrome hasn't been closed since the update was installed? If that is the case, the file Chrome.exe won't be updated until it is closed so there may be an old Chrome.exe even though it's been updated.

Quote from: ronmanp on October 26, 2015, 12:45:46 PM
Hi, I noticed that if a computer is running a newer version of Chrome than the one deployed as a software update the "old" update will still try to install.
If it makes any difference this is happening with 46.0.2490.80 and 46.0.2490.71.

I would expect that if a software is newer than the deployed update the computer would be seen as compliant.
Thank you