• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Power BI Desktop Disable Autoupdate (not issue)

Started by dandirk, December 14, 2018, 10:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandirk

Not an issue per se...

But found the following to disable update prompts in Power BI Desktop... Thought it might be helpful to setup the disable updates option for this product.

It is a simple MSI property during install... (looks like you use this to update)..  Added all 3 we use for initial installation in case useful for the desktop shortcut option.

PBIDesktop_x64.msi ACCEPT_EULA=1 DISABLE_UPDATE_NOTIFICATION=1 INSTALLDESKTOPSHORTCUT=0

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Cool, yeah we can look into adding disable update support for PowerBI.

Omar (Patch My PC)

We are now using "DISABLE_UPDATE_NOTIFICATION=1" with the rest of the switches starting from today's catalog update for "Microsoft Power BI Desktop 2.65.5313.701" :)

PS_Alex

Quote from: Admin - Omar on December 21, 2018, 10:30:33 AM
We are now using "DISABLE_UPDATE_NOTIFICATION=1" with the rest of the switches starting from today's catalog update for "Microsoft Power BI Desktop 2.65.5313.701" :)
Hi!

I've just installed Power BI Desktop 2.104.941 (x64) third-party software update. When I observe the installation options in  C:\Windows\Temp\Microsoft_PowerBI_Desktop_(x64)_<date>_000_ProductMSI.log, I notice that DISABLE_UPDATE_NOTIFICATION="0". And in the registry, I don't find the expected HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Power BI Desktop:DisableUpdateNotification = 1 registry value after the update has completed.

I'm new to Patch My PC, so not sure if you have revised the command line options since 2018?

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

We no longer pass that option by default, you can add that option to the command line by using the Modify Command Line right click option in our publisher: https://patchmypc.com/custom-options-available-for-third-party-updates-and-applications#modify-command-line