• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Use system or application language as default language

Started by HCkev, January 28, 2017, 01:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HCkev

Hello,

I'm am a french speaker, and so most of my applications are installed using the french language when available. One thing that I find a bit annoying about PatchMyPC, is that it tends to always select the English language by default, so every time I use the application, I need to manually go to the Options tab, scroll down, and select French language. Otherwise, it will update everything in english, despite the application being initially installed in French. And then I need to manually uninstall and reinstall each apps with the appropriate language, which kind of defeats the purpose of using PatchMyPC.

I was wondering if there is a way for PatchMyPC to detect the installed language for each application and update accordingly? Or if this is too complicated to do, simply detect the system language and use that language by default (so if Windows is installed in French, the apps get updated using the french language, when available).

That'd be a very appreciated improvement.

Thank you, and keep up the good work!

Dandelion Sprout

This is somewhat of an issue for me too. For me (a Norwegian), this is most particularly a problem with Firefox and Thunderbird, since Mozilla still doesn't know how languages or multi-processing really works. Since Patch My PC overwrites my existing Norwegian installations of them with English ones (as Norwegian isn't an option in Patch My PC's language download setting), I've had to turn off auto-updating of those programs manually.