• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Apps failing to download and publish into SCCM

Started by Chrispe, January 05, 2023, 12:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrispe

Few months back we had an issue where PMPC could not see our settings file, error below.

C:\Program Files\Patch My PC\Patch My PC Publishing Service\Notification Localizations\GlobalSettings.xml cannot be found

We had it set to overwrite apps in SCCM when a newer version came out, when it could not see the settings file, it created new app objects instead of overwriting the old one.

So I deleted the extra new ones, but now it wont overwrite the old ones like it used to, one gets a content not found error...

Microsoft Power BI Desktop 2.112.603 (x64) exists in ConfigMgr, but the content source folder \\Microsoft Power BI Desktop (x64)\6337ce42-7470-4877-99c7-5a00cddf46a2 wasn't found.

The folder is there, but blank now.

I have tried to republish the app and ran the sync multiple times and wont work.

Is there a different way to force it?

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

Just to be clear this error:
C:\Program Files\Patch My PC\Patch My PC Publishing Service\Notification Localizations\GlobalSettings.xml cannot be found
Was not that the settings file couldn't be read, this error just meant that localization features for Manage Conflicting Processes hadn't been enabled. We actually removed that error in the latest build because it was causing confusion.

For your current issue, we use the content location to determine if we've published an app. By deleting the content for the app, it has been essentially orphaned, and will no longer be able to be updated. When deleting a Patch My PC app, the best thing to do is delete the app and the content. Then, on the next sync, Patch My PC will create the app and content anew, and should be able to successfully update it in-place again.