• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

All Products (Right-Click for Customization Options)

Started by BugsBunny, November 10, 2021, 08:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BugsBunny

When I launch Patch My PC on the server and go to either the "Updates" tab or the "Intune Updates" tab, I can then right-click on "All Products (Right-Click for Customization Options)", and from the list of options, I can choose "Manage assignments".

I can also select an individual application and then right-click "All Products (Right-Click for Customization Options)".

From there I can set "Availability" and "Deadline" times, among other selections.

My question is: which takes precedence: the top-level "Manage assignments", or the one associated with the individual application? For a specific example, let's say the top-level Manage assignments Availability/Deadline settings are set to +0 days at 01:00 and +0 days at 2:00. And let's say that for a specific application, those settings are 03:00 and 04:00.

Wondering which takes precedence.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hello,

So setting an assignment on "All products" will overwrite assignment settings below. If you want to set a default assignment for everything, then adjust settings for specific applications/updates, you would want to set the default assignment first, then go and make customizations on specific applications afterwards.

BugsBunny

Thanks for the response. To make sure I'm understanding correctly, let's say I want my default Available/Deadline times for all applications to be +0 days and 01:00/02:00.

And let's say I have one application for which I want different Available/Deadline times (say +0 days and 03:00/04:00, for example).

So setting the "Manage assignments" times differently for the application will take precedence over the settings I made at the top level (All Products...)?

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

You are correct, just make sure to set that Assignment on "All Products" first, as it will wipe all assignments below it, and replace them with the assignments made at the "All Products" level.