• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Postman detection fails

Started by Anmasula, May 02, 2023, 02:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmasula

We had issues with postman software installation detection issues.

I had worked with our vendor where he modified the detection script but this repeats again when there is newer release published.

Please help this to fix permanantely.

Kind regards,

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

I just installed Postman for both ConfigMgr and Intune and it detected fine. May you share more details about what you think is specifically wrong with the detection?

Mike90124812

This is happening for me too.  At some point (May or April) the newest version gives a "Requirements not met" error.  Tried re-publishing, etc., but still fails.  Any ideas?

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Would you say you're seeing this on devices where there might be more than one user profile on the machine? Postman is a user-based app so the detection/requirement scripts would loop HKCU, which is only loaded for the currently logged on user.

Mike90124812

All of our corporate laptops will have a couple profiles on them other than the primary user.  This has affected all users who have attempted to install the newer version from Company Portal, including me. 

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Is it possible one user has Postman installed, but the other user on the device doesn't? That would explain this behaviour. Detection is fine.

Mike90124812

Ok, so the app within Intune has a Windows version requirement, but since it is installing in a User context, it isn't able to detect the OS info. Our machines in Azure are Azure-registered (on a local domain), but the install did work correctly on our test machine that is Azure-JOINED.  I'll dig a little more and see if there is another way around it.

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

I don't think that's the issue, but let me know what you find.

Anmasula

This is still failing to detect and it will popup squiral log but there are no recent logs in this log file.
 I tried, republishing, recreating the detection script but nothing solves the issue so far. Do we have any fix for the postman issue?

I dont want exclude those machines with already installed as this will also exclude future updates.

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

We're currently not tracking any issues with Postman in our catalogue. May you reach out to us [email protected]? We will likely want to pick apart what you're seeing to understand more.