• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Connection issues

Started by robwolfe, May 11, 2012, 07:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robwolfe

I am using version 2.1.1.2 on a Win XP pro computer. When I try to run PatchMyPC I get the error message  "Unable to load definition file from www.patchmypc.net. Internet connection is required to run Patch My PC please verify you have internet connection and try again."

This is despite browsing on your site. I have rebooted and can browse the net as well as ping your site and google.ca.
The program used to work on the computer. I have installed Tuneup Utilities 2012 and this months updates from Microsoft since I last ran the program.

Robert

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hmm, I'm having no issues it must be something on your local machine blocking it try temporally turning of you firewall or antivirus and running it.

Justin

Quote from: robwolfe on May 11, 2012, 07:42:55 PM
I am using version 2.1.1.2 on a Win XP pro computer. When I try to run PatchMyPC I get the error message  "Unable to load definition file from www.patchmypc.net. Internet connection is required to run Patch My PC please verify you have internet connection and try again."

This is despite browsing on your site. I have rebooted and can browse the net as well as ping your site and google.ca.
The program used to work on the computer. I have installed Tuneup Utilities 2012 and this months updates from Microsoft since I last ran the program.

Robert

robwolfe

Thanks. For whatever reason it is functioning today with no changes.

Sorry about that.

Robert