• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

How to handle Adobe reader DC / Acrobat DC

Started by peter.caldwell, October 18, 2021, 07:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter.caldwell

The client is needing to control how/when Adobe applications are pushed,

We want to have a pilot program for new releases and then push it out to everyone a week later, Pretty standard for patch my PC.

Now I believe Adobe Auto updater cannot be disabled by Patch MY PC so I'm confused then on how can we ensure that only pilot devices get the latest update for that first week.

In theory, a device in the normal production environment could get the update in that first week by its self, correct?

Has anyone else had luck in turning off updates or auto-updates?

Cheers
Pete

StPendl

You can check the article at https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/automatic-updates---acrobat-reader.html
I successfully used the registry setting to disable auto-updates for Adobe Reader DC.

peter.caldwell

Thanks @Stpendl

Did you disable using Intune or through something like group policy?

Regards

Pete

olavrb

I've done the same with PowerShell setting registry values, from Intune as a Win32 app so that I could use detection rules and Win32 dependencies (seg registry keys before installing Adobe).

StPendl

Quote from: peter.caldwell on October 19, 2021, 03:43:58 PM
Did you disable using Intune or through something like group policy?
I did not use Intune, just group policy.

peter.caldwell

Quote from: olavrb on October 19, 2021, 03:52:22 PM
I've done the same with PowerShell setting registry values, from Intune as a Win32 app so that I could use detection rules and Win32 dependencies (seg registry keys before installing Adobe).

Wouldn't the registry need to be set after the update to ensure that the updates are turned off, I understand it as when we update the app, the auto-update will be re-enabled.

Kind regards

Pete