• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Option to only run on servers, or only run on workstations, doesn't seem to work

Started by jbeale53, May 05, 2021, 11:35:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbeale53

Hi - I have a few apps that I would like to set to only run on workstation OS.  In PMPC, I select to only allow on workstations; when I run a sync, the app doesn't appear at all in the summary email, and when I check the application's Requirements tab in deployment type, there are no entries.  Should I see something in there, or does the PMPC installer determine OS type? 

thanks!

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

The requirements will only set on new applications or when an update is released for an application. This setting will not revise existing applications already created at the latest version on sync.

Quote from: jbeale53 on May 05, 2021, 11:35:04 AM
Hi - I have a few apps that I would like to set to only run on workstation OS.  In PMPC, I select to only allow on workstations; when I run a sync, the app doesn't appear at all in the summary email, and when I check the application's Requirements tab in deployment type, there are no entries.  Should I see something in there, or does the PMPC installer determine OS type? 

thanks!