• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Acrobat and reader no pre/post scripts nor any other feature from the publishing service

Started by Frank, May 10, 2019, 08:15:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Hi,

I really like your product, what i like the most is the ability to work with the publisher and add Pre/post scripts.
but for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe acrobat reader the rightclick features are greyed out in the publishing console.
The only thing i can select is publish updates and republish updates, the rest is greyed out.
is this normal? and if so are there any feature update in development to address the issue, or am i doing something wrong?

i do use the pre/post scripts for chrome and Java, and this works like a charm.
I have searched the documentation and forum, but couldn't find anything relevant about this, so i'm thinking its my fault, but can't seem to find whats wrong.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. This is currently by design. We don't support any custom right-click actions for any product whose updates are MSP file based. MSI/EXE works fine.

You should be able to perform actions on Reader as a base install as that is EXE based.

We are hoping to support this in the future though.

Justin

Quote from: Frank on May 10, 2019, 08:15:48 AM
Hi,

I really like your product, what i like the most is the ability to work with the publisher and add Pre/post scripts.
but for Adobe Acrobat and Adobe acrobat reader the rightclick features are greyed out in the publishing console.
The only thing i can select is publish updates and republish updates, the rest is greyed out.
is this normal? and if so are there any feature update in development to address the issue, or am i doing something wrong?

i do use the pre/post scripts for chrome and Java, and this works like a charm.
I have searched the documentation and forum, but couldn't find anything relevant about this, so i'm thinking its my fault, but can't seem to find whats wrong.

Frank

Hi,

Thx for the reply, didn't realize that Adobe was using the msp methode, now it makes sense.
very annoying, because we apply an mst at the initial install and was hoping that patch my pc had a solution for this.

We have to leave the patch my pc track for Adobe and work with SCCM to get adobe reader updated.

will be waiting for the new feature.

for the rest, great product  8)

We are working on MST support now actually. It will just be another right-click option to browse to the MST to use. You could use a custom command line now though.

Quote from: Frank on May 10, 2019, 11:20:36 AM
Hi,

Thx for the reply, didn't realize that Adobe was using the msp methode, now it makes sense.
very annoying, because we apply an mst at the initial install and was hoping that patch my pc had a solution for this.

We have to leave the patch my pc track for Adobe and work with SCCM to get adobe reader updated.

will be waiting for the new feature.

for the rest, great product  8)

Frank

Have updated the publishing service and see the option for Adobe MST, will be testing it in 2 weeks, of for holliday now :-)

Thanks and keep up the good work