• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Publishing Service Sync error - An error occurred while checking if catalog file is signed by Patch

Started by darwyn99, May 02, 2019, 09:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darwyn99

I'm getting this error when I try and kick off a publishing service sync manually or scheduled.  A scheduled sync ran and completed last night at 7pm, but since then I'm not able to initiate a sync.  The only thing I've modified is trying to adjust the command line on the VMware Tools update.  I had added a command and saved it previously.  It was causing issues so I removed it this morning. 

Error in patchmypc.log:
An error occurred while checking if catalog file is signed by Patch My PC: Unspecified error

Thanks for the help. 

kenk223

I'm receiving the same error as well.  Sync automatically ran yesterday at 2PM.  I tried setting up the manual download Java updates and went to sync and received the error.  I removed Java again, but the error persists.  P.S.  The next warning after the error is Catalog is NOT trusted.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Please try now and let us know if things are processing ok? It looks like we had a minor server-side change that caused the catalog file to send an empty file causing the certificate validation to fail.

kenk223