• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Wireshark 3.0.6 (x64) Update and Application fails

Started by wmcmahon, November 14, 2019, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmcmahon

WebClient report an error during download: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Abort errors for content download is almost always web filters blocking the download of the binary here's a list of domains used for content that should be helpful: https://patchmypc.com/list-of-domains-used-for-downloads-in-patch-my-pc-update-catalog

Quote from: wmcmahon on November 14, 2019, 10:09:43 AM
WebClient report an error during download: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

[email protected]

We just set up Patch my PC and we are getting this error on a few applications including Wireshark. We don't understand how most apps work, but a few do not. Are we supposed to whitelist all of the domains listed?
thx

Quote from: [email protected] on April 28, 2020, 03:37:39 PM
We don't understand how most apps work, but a few do not. Are we supposed to whitelist all of the domains listed?

It's probably based on the firewall/filter it's common for not all to be blocked. You need to whitelist the domains of any products you enabled.

[email protected]

Thank you, Justin. I have brought this to our AD and Network teams. Their response is "there is nothing to whitelist because we are not blocking any of them. Unless there is some obscure port or protocol they are trying to use. But even then, everything we have tried does resolve and get a response." We are having the issue with Wireshark, WinRAR, and CDBurnerXP. All of which they tested. All respond and all are port 443, which we do not block. Can you think of anything else to try or be more specific on this whitelist? Everything else works brilliantly.
/j

[email protected]

We no longer have SCUP installed and we could not find that log file on our server. Would either of those two changes still apply? thx

Can you please open a case using this link https://patchmypc.com/technical-support, and attach the logs requested so we can see when this is happening.