• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

While modifying the default command line is not currently supported or available, I'd like to request that the default command line for Dymo Connect be modified to "/qn" instead of "/qb" to eliminate the window present to the user.

Is this possible or is the only reason for continuing to use the "/qb" to handle the managed conflicts in the event of an upgrade?
I have problems with updating several software using PatchMyPC. After clicking on the update icon it clears the software list on the right side and nothing happens, ven after several restarts and redownload of PatchMyPC.

Using it on Windows 10 Pro.

Log:

28.09.2022 20:17:14 - Patch My PC Started
28.09.2022 20:17:14 - Checking connection to patchmypc.com
28.09.2022 20:17:14 - Verified connection to patchmypc.com. Status Code: 200
28.09.2022 20:17:14 - Getting latest definitions from patchmypc.com
28.09.2022 20:17:14 - Definition load completed in: 0,19 seconds
28.09.2022 20:17:14 - Patch My PC version 4.2.0.5 is running. The latest is 4.2.0.5
28.09.2022 20:17:14 - Performing scan of installed applications
28.09.2022 20:17:15 - Scan completed in: 0,71 seconds
Hello,

Thank you for your Inquiry! This is very unfortunate, however we haven't received other reports of any issues regarding Firefox thus far.

In order to help mitigate these issues you're having, I can recommend the following:

Enabled the Right Click Option on Firefox for Conflicting Processes: https://patchmypc.com/manage-conflicting-processes-when-updating-third-party-applications

That will allow you to configure a Notification which will be displayed to the end users if they have Firefox running during the update.

Alternatively, you can change the deployment schedule for that update so that it's deployed outside of working hours or during maintenance hours.

I will continue to test this and will follow up with any more information!

From one of our employee:
"With Windows or other programs the distribution may not cause problems, however Firefox is my mainly used browser. With every forced update so far, it no longer works and has to be restarted during my work. Otherwise nothing works anymore, no loading of new pages, no old pages refreshing, nothing. This is absolutely not practicable. I think it's not without reason why the native updates only works after a restart, I don't understand why you've to make the process like that.
Since not only I, but also some other colleagues use Firefox heavily, it would be advisable to urgently adapt the update process in Firefox. Maybe it would be possible to roll out the updates at night."
Hello PMPC Team,

As always, thank you for your great product and support.

I have both runtimes selected (for both architectures) in the ConfigMgr apps list, their updates are also served, the issue I'm facing is that when Visual Visual C++ 2015-2022 runtime is installed and subsequently Visual C++ 2015-2019 update tries to install, it fails because the 2015-2022 version is newer and supersedes it.
I would like to propose the following:
1) The detection rules of 2015-2019 should detect the newer version(s) and skip the installation for a full app or an update.
2) In the PMPC GUI, there must be a blocking function that grays out and deselects (if selected) the older version if a newer is superseding it (for the 2015-xxxx ones). Also a message to remove the old application would be nice.

Do these proposals make sense to you?
Are the above feasible?

With regards,
George Simos
Quote from: mjbj on May 13, 2022, 11:50:15 AMHello there !

I have a problem with PatchmyPC.  It's been working fine up until recently.

Recently though, when I try to open it, no response at all.  The program doesn't even open now.

I've tried downloading the file again, but same thing.

Obviously some Windows weirdness.

Can someone tell me what steps I need to take, in order to repair it please ?

Thank you all, if at all able to help.

Same problem, and it appeared just this past May. I couldn't think of anything else and I associate it with the cumulative update from May 10, 2022 - KB5013624 for the .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10
Reinstalling did not fix the situation. And an important point in my opinion - if you do decide to reinstall, do not forget to thoroughly clean the registry after removal, this program leaves traces in the registry
Report Bugs and Issues (Free Home Updater) / Re: Various software
Last post by pps - September 26, 2022, 02:47:13 PM
??
General Questions (Free Home Updater) / Looks like Patch My PC is down
Last post by coover - September 26, 2022, 12:13:13 PM
Whenever I attempt to open "Patch", I get an error message that my computer is unable to reach the "Patch" server. I am having no problems reaching other websites. Perhaps it is down for maintenance?Screenshot 2022-09-26 111152.png
Hi there, sorry to hear you had an issue with the ZScaler update  :( 

We don't look at each vendors update to understand if extra configuration is required to keep existing application settings on a client that were configured from a base install. If the vendor releases an update that wipes your base configuration my initial thoughts are that you would need to enable the same customization on the updates tab too.

The ZScaler update is an MSI - it would makes sense that you can use the same customization for the update that you do for the base install - but this should obviously be tested to ensure you get the result you were expecting.

Unfortunately there is only so much testing we can do for each update from each vendor. It would be worth escalating this with the vendor to understand if this is expected behavior for this particular application. Again, sorry to hear how you were affected by the vendors update - if you need clarification on the above then please reach out again.
We have just come across an issue when the "Update for Zscaler Client Connector 3.8.0.102 (x64)" was pushed out via PMPC in that its completely wiped out any configuration we had from our original install which from a security point of via isn't good for an update.
To give some insight, our original install that we pushed out via intune has command line configuration that connects to the cloud our specific policy token and enforces no internet connection for our clients until they authenticate with Zscaler so we can manage internet access, but when the PMPC update was deployed it clears this config and leaves a flat install which allows all internet access without having to authenticate first.

This now looks like we are going to have to remove the existing unconfigured installs and re-install via a configured package to re-gain our security which is counter productive considering PMPC is meant to save time