• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Python 3.8.6 and above (x64) & (x86)

Started by JDA, March 25, 2021, 04:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDA

Hi,

Until Python 3.8.5 everything was working perfectly, but since then, all versions (3.8.6, 3.8.7, 3.8.8, 3.9.2) are missing the "Installable Rules" and the "Installed Rules"
There is absolutly no check on "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Python\PythonCore\3.8" keys

This lead tu unwanted installations on servers where Python 3.6 is present.

Is this wanted or a mistake?

Regards,
JDA.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hi,

This is not the intended behavior, we'll check it out.

I've located the issue, we'll have the rules fixed in a catalog release later this week. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

JDA

Ok, perfect, are you going to fix all the versions or only the new ones?

We'll rerelease 3.8.8 with a fixed detection and applicability, it will supersede the existing 3.8.8 that you have published. I checked 3.9 as well and it is already good and will only upgrade existing 3.9 installs. The fixed 3.8.8 should be in today's catalog update, I'm just finishing testing on it.

JDA

Are you sure about 3.9?
Because the "Python 3.9.2 (x64)" "Python 3.9.2 (x86)" I just synchronized have empty "Installable Rules" and the "Installed Rules"

Are you looking at them in SCUP? They aren't actually empty, SCUP just can't process the rule type we use. if you click on the "View XML" you can see the applicability and detection rules.

JDA

Ho I see, sorry about that i didn't know some rules wont show up un SCUP interface.

No worries, the fixed rules went out yesterday for 3.8.8. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!