• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Enhancement: Sync Report Email feature

Started by bahusafoo, March 26, 2019, 10:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahusafoo

I have 3 feature improvements related to the sync report feature:

1. Add a setting to include any non-superseded updates synced within the X amount of days as opposed to only including those found with the last sync.
2. Add a checkbox to be able to trigger the email being sent after manual syncs.  I can see why you wouldn't want this by default, but the option would be nice.
3. Add a body field where you could supply a message body at the top of the email that is sent.  This would be useful for example in organizations where the IT Security department does not maintain ConfigMgr, but is responsible for communicating patch rollouts to the enterprise.  It would allow something like "The below patches have been synced for deployment within the last 30 days and should be included in any patch communications."

Thanks for looking!

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Thanks for the feedback. We will keep this in mind for future updates.

I just followed up via email. Request 2 and 3 should be in the next preview build 1.2.5.2 coming out later tonight or tomorrow. I need some more details about #1 you can follow up on that email thread if possible?

bahusafoo

Looks like the value in the add text to body field isn't maintained through a version update.

We will evaluate this and get a fix if it's a bug. Was this from 1.2.5.2 to 1.2.5.3?