• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Windscribe - Build Number

Started by Richard, February 26, 2018, 05:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Hi,

With Windscribe each release consists of a version number and build number e.g. v. 1.1 build 123.  Often when an update is released the build number is changed but the version number stays the same.  In this case it appears that the install is flagged as up to date instead of outdated.  Could this be improved?

Thanks.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Richard

My current Windscribe installation is out of date and PMPC Updater is not reporting it as so.  However, I selected Windscribe in PMPC Updater to try to force it to download and install the latest version regardless - but it did not attempt to download or install Windscribe.  I checked the PMPC Updater logs and there was no mention of Windscribe being downloaded or installed.  Would it be possible to take a look at this?  Many thanks.

Omar (Patch My PC)

It's fine now with the latest version right?

Richard

PMPC Updater now appears to detect and update Windscribe fine for me (at least the Windscribe release versions; I don't use the beta versions).

Richard

The update to the latest version of Windscribe (v1.83 build 20) is not being offered by PatchMyPC Updater.  Could this be fixed?  Thanks.

https://windscribe.com/changelog/windows

Omar (Patch My PC)

Richard

Thanks for the fast update - it works fine.  :)