• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8.0

Started by Jason Melrose, April 24, 2019, 10:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Melrose

I have version 4.8.03752 .NET installed but Patch PC detection stating I need to install the 4.8.0 version.   MY OS version is Microsoft 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 18875.rs_prelease.190505-1518.  Unsure of where the detection is looking.  Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Client - Checking String|Version

Omar (Patch My PC)

The one we use in Patch My PC is the final official build 4.8.03761, That's why it needs to update it.

BJ Abbott

I have the same problem each time PatchmyPC is run. It reports 4.8.03752 then updates it to 4.8.0  (alias 4.8.3571), but does not update the fact that it has already done so.  If it is applying the update each time so that it can run this behaviour is rather irritating. It should just be automatic and unseen

I also have a similar problem with an old program Skypemate keeps reporting  as out of date, and I cannot find a way to prevent these false reports as the program is simply a driver for a USB phone handset.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: BJ Abbott on April 26, 2019, 09:50:17 AM
I have the same problem each time PatchmyPC is run. It reports 4.8.03752 then updates it to 4.8.0  (alias 4.8.3571), but does not update the fact that it has already done so.  If it is applying the update each time so that it can run this behaviour is rather irritating. It should just be automatic and unseen

I also have a similar problem with an old program Skypemate keeps reporting  as out of date, and I cannot find a way to prevent these false reports as the program is simply a driver for a USB phone handset.

Note that you must restart your machine after updating ".NET Framework" in order to get detected right in Patch My PC.

About Skypemate, it must be conflicted with Skype! if you don't use Skype then right click on it from Patch My PC and select "Disable scanning for this app" until we fix it in the next release of Patch My PC, sorry about this!

Aoife

Quote from: Admin - Omar on April 26, 2019, 10:01:25 AM
Quote from: BJ Abbott on April 26, 2019, 09:50:17 AM

Note that you must restart your machine after updating ".NET Framework" in order to get detected right in Patch My PC.

About Skypemate, it must be conflicted with Skype! if you don't use Skype then right click on it from Patch My PC and select "Disable scanning for this app" until we fix it in the next release of Patch My PC, sorry about this!

I've got the same issue with .NET 4.8.0, and it persists even after I've restarted my machine. Any other suggestions?

Omar (Patch My PC)

It's fixed now, the versions of 4.8.0 are different on 1809 and 1903 !

john22

Downloaded .net 4.8.03761 from Windows update (Win 7 32 bit).
Patch My PC does not detect it.