• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Copy source files to share

Started by dandirk, March 08, 2019, 06:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandirk

One challenge we are trying to work out is how to keep our SCCM applications that are updated by pmpc up to date (or just how to easily update them).

Currently we have created very generic SCCM app objects/scripts that will allow us to just swap out the installer msi/exe, update content and be done. Curious to hear how others are handling the initial install + PMPC.

If the publishing service could copy the source exe/msi files to a share, we could leverage those for our SCCM applications.  Even if only the newest version synced would be a big help.

We could copy or use that share as our source and just periodically just update content.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hey Dan!

We are currently developing a feature to allow the creation of base installation packages directly in SCCM for the initial installation for products within our publishing service. I'm hoping to have this new feature resealed by MMSMOA in a few months. We are making some good process on the engineering side. We will also be able to automatically update those base installation packages as well.

It sounds like this is what you are interested in right?

Justin

dandirk

yup!  That pretty much sounds exactly it.