• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Should I worry? Publishing SCCM Applications Gives Weird Error

Started by korebreach, February 10, 2021, 04:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

korebreach

I just did my first test after configuring PMPC to publish applications to SCCM (Base Install).  The applications do get published to SCCM, and a test of deploying one of the applications to my PC worked fine (7-Zip .MSI version).  However, the PMPC publishing service logs show the following error for every application that gets sent to SCCM:

"An error occurred while signing the PowerShell detection script, but there is no error message to display."

I do have the option configured in the Base Install Options to "Code-sign the PowerShell detection method script using the WSUS Signing Certificate".

Since the deployment/installation was a success, should I worry about the error message?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Sorry for the delay, I see this was posted in the home updater section, not Enterprise support section. Are you still having this issue?

korebreach

Yes.  It's still happening when publishing apps to SCCM:

Updating SCCM applications for BoxSync 4.0.8016 (x86)   Worker   6 (0x0006)
Getting file from cache.   Downloader   6 (0x0006)
Starting download for: https://patchmypc.com/scupcatalog/downloads/icons/BoxDrive.png   Downloader   6 (0x0006)
Configured Download Timeout: 15 minutes and 0 seconds   WebClientEx   6 (0x0006)
Creating PowerShell detection script.   Worker   6 (0x0006)
An error occurred while signing the PowerShell detection script, but there is no error message to display.   CertManager   6 (0x0006)
Copying ScriptRunner   Worker   6 (0x0006)
Moving application to Applications\PMPC   Worker   6 (0x0006)
Triggering a RefreshPackageSource for packageID: CAS02C19   Worker   6 (0x0006)
Successfully triggered SCCM package source refresh   Worker   6 (0x0006)
Successfully updated SCCM application:  BoxSync 4.0.8009 (x86) -> BoxSync 4.0.8016 (x86)    Worker   6 (0x0006)

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Could you please open a case here and include log files based on your selection and topic https://patchmypc.com/technical-support

korebreach

For other users that may experience this problem, the issue was due to the WSUS certificate we are using.  We currently have an "all purposes" certificate, which in theory includes code-signing.  However, PMPC requires that the certificate is a true code-signing certificate.  This hasn't been a problem in the past because out SCCM client settings for PowerShell scripts are set to "bypass".  We're in the process of updating that certificate to a code-signing one, and re-deploying that certificate in place of our current one via GPO.