• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Problem with Microsoft Edge for December 2020

Started by Atreus21, January 11, 2021, 10:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atreus21

Hi folks,

This is a little confusing so please bear with me.

Microsoft Edge 87.0.664.57 and 87.0.664.66 (henceforth referred to as 57 and 66 respectively) are both members of a software update group we use for measuring compliance with the native "Compliance 1 - Overall Compliance" report.

Only 66 is actually deployed.

When we run Compliance 1 against the reporting SUG we get nearly 75% of the fleet evaluating as non-compliant.  Running the PMPC Report "04 - All Software Update Missing by Collection" we see that Edge version 57 is missing on many of them.

Furthermore, looking at the updates in the console, 57 shows 2,282 devices requiring it, whereas 66 only has 2 showing required.

Most of the fleet, servers especially, don't even have Edge installed.  The server referenced in the report in the first screenshot didn't have it installed.  Why are so many devices (1) reporting that 57 will satisfy them but 66 won't, and (2) why should machines without it installed need either one in the first place?

I could just remove 57 from the compliance SUG, but I'm concerned about why so many devices show it as required.

Would appreciate any opinions.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

We had done a change for applicability and detection rules with Edge 87.0.664.57 that caused this behavior. We resolved that issue fairly quickly, but the reporting for that version is incorrect. We actually just released today's catalog which should expire the old 87.0.664.57, so there is nothing you will need to do on your end.

Thank you!

Atreus21

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)