• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Reader DC MUI 22.003.20258 detection issue for both 32 and 64 bit

Started by Bram_MECM, October 12, 2022, 04:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bram_MECM

Hi PMPC!

Sad news again on the Adobe Acrobat Reader front. SCCM Deployment installs Acrobat reader but doesn't get detected by the detection script.

SCCM provides the lovely:

Detection script used is version 3.1.

PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScripts.log doesn't give a lot of details. Is there a way to enable debugging mode for the detection script?

I'm ok to zip the logs but the error is obvious:
No valid software found for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC *MUI* with version 22.003.20258 meeting Detection rules

Changing the detection to the acrobat reader exe file for both version solves it for us for now. But it would be nice the detection script would do it's thing.

I've already republished both applications.

arjanw

We're experiencing the same issue with "Update for Acrobat Reader DC Update 22.003.20258" in combination with Intune.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hi Bkroon and arjanw,

It looks like Adobe modified the DisplayName in the Registry for their product, thus messing up with the detection rules.
We are investigating this.

Ben Whitmore (Patch My PC)

We have identified a problem that appears to affect both 32bit and 64bit products for Adobe Acrobat Reader v22.003.20258.

Yesterday, Adobe changed the name in "Add Remove Programs" for this update.

This issue will affect detection of applications deployed from both ConfigMgr and apps/updates deployed from Intune. The apps will install OK but detection will fail. Updates pushed from WSUS would detect OK because they use the MSI code for detection from the MSP update file.

Workaround

We are working hard to publish a fix for this in todays catalog. If you need an immediate, interim solution, please follow the workaround guide(s) below.

In ConfigMgr, you can update the $AppToSearch variable value in the ConfigMgr detection script - just remove " DC".

If you choose to do this, you will also need to remove the signature script block from the end of the script too because modification of the script will cause the signature code block to be invalidated.

In Intune, you can find the detection script in the "C:\Program Files\Patch My PC\Patch My PC Publishing Service\Detection Method Scripts for Intune" folder where the Patch My PC Publisher is installed

You can modify the appropriate script to remove " DC" from the $z variable value
Once saved, you can replace the detection script for the corresponding Win32app in Intune

We hope to have this fixed in todays catalog release. Once we produce a fix, you will need to "re-publish" those apps again for the new detection script to be effective.

Sorry for any inconvenience. Please reach out if you have any questions in the interim.

Bram_MECM

Hi Ben,

Much appreciated.

I'll have a look at the updated catalog tomorrow.

Kind regards!

PS. Let me know when you guys are going to Adobe with pitchforks.  8)  ;D

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Quick Update - this issue should now be fixed.
In order to apply the fix to the already Published Apps and Updates, please Re-publish them. That can be done by right clicking the app/update and enabling the Republish during next sync schedule option. When the next PMPC sync will occur, it will re-publish the same version, but this time with the updated Detection criteria.
More details on the Republishing right-click option here.

delta07d

hi, after doing the republish i still get an error when installing. Install fails with exit code 150201, I was getting this error starting with this new software package. The adobe reader does not get installed.

Thanks.

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Quote from: delta07d on October 13, 2022, 07:20:32 AMhi, after doing the republish i still get an error when installing. Install fails with exit code 150201, I was getting this error starting with this new software package. The adobe reader does not get installed.

Thanks.

This is a known issue, unfortunately. It's not related to Patch My PC, but to the installer the vendor provides.

The workaround for that would be to set the user experience option on the deployment type to "Allow users to view and interact with the program installation".