• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Dell Command Update 4.2.1 Error Intune

Started by Aleksander, June 29, 2021, 02:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleksander

I distributed  Dell Command Update 4.2.1 on Dell Laptops via Intune, and from all i get 0x80070004 Error

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Quote from: Aleksander on June 29, 2021, 02:12:22 AM
I distributed  Dell Command Update 4.2.1 on Dell Laptops via Intune, and from all i get 0x80070004 Error

0x80070004 resolves to "The system cannot open the file".

May you please share the below log files from an example client?

%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\PatchMyPCIntuneLogs\PatchMyPC-SoftwareUpdateDetectionScript.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\AgentExecutor.log
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\IntuneManagementExtension\Logs\IntuneManagementExtension.log

jmi

I am seeing the same in my environment - will collect logs as suggested and submit a support ticket

Marvin

Hi,
do you have any news?
We have the same issues in our tenant.
Or is it better to open a ticket?

Best regards
Marvin

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

berry15

Hey all, I am seeing the same issue. it is same in the environment. I think I will have to submit a ticket but I don't think this will be resolved soon. Please can anyone let me know whether they got any response from the tickets they have created or should create a ticket.

Adam Cook (Patch My PC)

Quote from: berry15 on August 11, 2021, 04:48:49 AM
Hey all, I am seeing the same issue. it is same in the environment. I think I will have to submit a ticket but I don't think this will be resolved soon. Please can anyone let me know whether they got any response from the tickets they have created or should create a ticket.

Can you check the following key in the registry and let me know its value: "HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Dell\UpdateService\Clients\CommandUpdate\Preferences\Settings\AppCode"

There are 3 different versions of Dell Command Update a "Modern", "Classic" and "Universal". We only update the classic version at this time.

We recently improved detection of our app for the Dell Command Update to only evaluate as applicable for classical installs, not modern or universal. To receive this new improvement to applicability/detection, please delete the Dell Command Update in Intune or republish it in WSUS/SCCM, and re-sync to recreate with these new improvements.

We do intend to add support for the UWP modern / universal apps soon. If you have modern/universal install and would like us to support this type of Dell Command Update, kindly add votes to this uservoice to increase its attention for us: UWP Dell command update | Patch My PC Feature and Application Request