• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

WinSCP 5.15.9 hash failed

Started by jaschan, January 21, 2020, 11:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaschan

WinSCP 5.15.9 failed to download, has been happening for a while (at least 3-4 weeks).  Download is available from their website.

Release Notes
        WinSCP 5.15.9

Severity
        Moderate

Classification
        Updates

Error
        The hash of file downloaded is different than the file hash in our catalog. Hash errors happen when vendors release updates that aren't available in our catalog yet. This error should be resolved in the next catalog update. Additional details:[tIqhaCPmEUiR2r6LerikNi753T8=] vs [2jmj7l5rSw0yVb/vlWAYkK/YBwk=]

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

It doesn't appear to be an issue on our end. The hash matches see below. I would check if a web filter or firewall may be blocking the download causing the hash to not match.

Quote from: jaschan on January 21, 2020, 11:48:48 AM
WinSCP 5.15.9 failed to download, has been happening for a while (at least 3-4 weeks).  Download is available from their website.

Release Notes
        WinSCP 5.15.9

Severity
        Moderate

Classification
        Updates

Error
        The hash of file downloaded is different than the file hash in our catalog. Hash errors happen when vendors release updates that aren't available in our catalog yet. This error should be resolved in the next catalog update. Additional details:[tIqhaCPmEUiR2r6LerikNi753T8=] vs [2jmj7l5rSw0yVb/vlWAYkK/YBwk=]

jaschan

Thank you for the quick reply I will check with the firewall team.

jaschan

Is it possible to switch the download to a different site such as WinSCP's host?  It looks like sourceforge is using an outdated cipher and it is not accessible from our server.

We will look to see if there are any other official mirrors available.

Quote from: jaschan on January 22, 2020, 11:39:34 AM
Is it possible to switch the download to a different site such as WinSCP's host?  It looks like sourceforge is using an outdated cipher and it is not accessible from our server.

jaschan

I'm not sure if there's an official mirror that's not Sourceforge

Quote from: jaschan on January 22, 2020, 11:53:13 AM
Great thanks again Justin!

Jacques Guillory

The first link seems to have a timed redirect download and the second URL has a temporary key that's created when the page is loaded.  In this case, it would not work with the catalog.