• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC New Install MST

Started by cmacnichol, July 08, 2020, 09:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmacnichol

I just noticed today when I went to enable Adobe Acrobat Reader that the Updates tab has the option to add an MST File.  However, the COnfigMgr Apps tab does not, it is grayed out, for the same product.

Is there a reason for this?  Or if you are using the EXE Install, which actually appears to be the case, can you add the MSI Install option?  Shouldn't be too hard to extract the MSI from the installer for the base install version as well.

We have customization that we apply through the MST during install that we currently cannot add.

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

Hello,

We provide the EXE because there is no direct download for the MSI.

While it might be possible to extract the MSI from the EXE, that adds some extra layers of complexity when it comes to automation, and is something we generally try to avoid. It is best to download the binary directly from the vendor without having to make modifications.

You can still provide an MST file to the EXE, please see this uservoice where the issue is discussed. https://ideas.patchmypc.com/ideas/PATCHMYPC-I-668

cmacnichol

That is exactly what I needed.  Wouldn't hurt to add a note on the Transforms option to the Cmd Line help fields when editing the command line.  That Idea you linked is the only place I can find where the option is even referenced.

Thanks for the help.

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

We intend to write a KB article :)

I am glad this works for you.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)