• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Modifying (hard coded) updates command line string

Started by greggoor, June 07, 2022, 01:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greggoor

Hey PMP Team,

we are wondering is there is by any chance possibility to modify (hard coded) installation command line?
What we would like to achieve is to force reboot on the servers after installing "VMware Tools" update. As of now this updated has hard-coded MSI public property - "REBOOT=ReallySuppress"  which is passed to MSI by EXE.
We could make a pre-script to differentiate if machine is a server or workstation and based on it use prepared MST file with the property adjusted as needed but... If a parameter is specified both on the command line and in a response file, the setting on the command line takes precedence.

It would be awesome in general if the delivered hard-coded command line for silent installations would be editable everywhere.
(We would like to disable the 'MaintenanceService' for Firefox installation as well and the -ms switch is hard-coded there also)

Looking forward hearing form you.

Cheers

Liviu (Patch My PC)

Hello greggoor,

At the moment there are no immediate plans to allow editing of the default command line. This might change in the future, however.
I have added an idea on our ideas page. If you upvote the idea and this will change in the future, you will be notified per Email.