• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Vivaldi isn't updating.

Started by MrNovi, March 31, 2021, 12:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrNovi

For the past week or so I keep having issues with Vivaldi not updating. I get a Code 7 error message. I have to open Vivaldi and manually update it each time. I know I can continue to do this, but it would be nice to get this fixed at some point. I have tried this on several computers at different locations, from different USB sticks and they have all been doing this since at least the 3.7.2218.40 update if not earlier.

Here is the error debug.log it creates. Any idea of what is going on here?

[0331/130527.138:ERROR:vivaldi_setup_util.cc(203)] Vivaldi update requires --vivaldi-install-dir option
[0331/130527.138:ERROR:persistent_histogram_storage.cc(97)] Could not write "SetupMetrics" persistent histograms to file as the storage base directory is not properly set.

MrNovi

Downloaded a fresh version, placed it on a new flashdrive, then used it on a fresh/clean install of 64bit Windows 10 Pro that didn't have a previous install of Vivaldi and it does the same thing. Same error message and same debug.log information. Absolutely no problems with any of the other 30 or so programs I install/update with PMPC.

Am I the only person having this problem?

MrNovi

Well it's been a week since I posted about this and it's still happening.

Omar (Patch My PC)

This is fixed in Patch My PC v4.2.0.3 which just released today, sorry about the delay!

MrNovi

No problem with how long it took to correct. It was mainly the lack of a response that seemed like know one acknowledged it and/or was looking into it.

Anyway, Thanks.