• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Opera Browser Update Problem

Started by coover, May 07, 2020, 02:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coover

"Patch..." is reporting an update to Opera from version 68.0.3618.63 to 68.0.3618.91. The "new" version will not download. When I open Opera and check for updates, it finds none (from 36.0.3618.63). Thinking that 68.0.3618.91 is a beta, I go to the Opera Beta site, and I find that their beta is even older than the present "stable' version. The beta they want to download is 68.0.3618.55.

As Shakespeare said "Something is rotten in Denmark" or Sweden or Norway, wherever the Opera developers are.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Yeah sorry, this 68.0.3618.91 is for mac only! We just fixed it.

vdijken

Opera does not remove older versions. When you remove them manualy they are still mentioned in the registry. I also had troubles with Opera and I fixed it by removing the entries in the registry. I posted the problem that Opera does not remove olver versions but I did not get an answer!

Omar (Patch My PC)

Quote from: vdijken on June 10, 2020, 04:46:32 AM
Opera does not remove older versions. When you remove them manualy they are still mentioned in the registry. I also had troubles with Opera and I fixed it by removing the entries in the registry. I posted the problem that Opera does not remove olver versions but I did not get an answer!

You should send this to Opera dev team because it's an Opera issue :(