• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Logging Location - 7Zip

Started by PaleFacedGinger, April 14, 2021, 03:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleFacedGinger

Hi there,
I have noticed some 1622 erros when trying to install 7Zip from the Software Center. Investigating it I have found the issue. When looking in the CCMCache the Package.xml refers to an E: drive, as below...

<CommandLine>/MainFile=7z1900-x64.msi├┐"/MainArg=ALLUSERS=1 MSIRMSHUTDOWN=2 REBOOT=ReallySuppress"├┐/SkipProcessList=7zFM.exe|7zG.exe|7z.exe├┐/ShortcutFileName=7-Zip├┐"/LoggingSwitch=/l {path}"├┐/PrefixInstallLog├┐/LoggingPath=E:\PatchMyPCInstallLogs</CommandLine>

If I change it to C: and run 'PatchMyPC-ScriptRunner.exe /InstallPackage' from an elevated command prompt it installs fine with no issues.
So I checked the source and it is C:. I'm confused, was this a mistake that was fixed or is something else going on here? I have redistributed the application and it now works!

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Hi,

Can you check the right click option in the Patch My PC Publisher and see what you have set for the logging path there? https://patchmypc.com/custom-options-available-for-third-party-updates-and-applications#install-logging

PaleFacedGinger

It is set to C:\windows\ccm\logs\PatchMyPCInstallLogs

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Can you please zip up and send the Backups folder from the patch My PC Publisher installation directory and send it over to [email protected]?