• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Patch My PC Questions

Started by guruuno, January 11, 2018, 08:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guruuno

Having been a LogMeIn Central subscriber for many years, I am switching to another provider because of costs.  However, LogMeIn Central had a nice "push" feature that installed updates as well as a host of other items, but this question is regarding the update pushes.
I have about 200+ end users that via LogMeIn got a lot of the updates automatically pushed via their included routines.  With the end of my subscription to them I'm looking for an alternative solution such as what you have, however no 'SCUP' is included on any of the users as they are mostly 1-2 individuals and stand alone clients.
Can your program in any way, shape or form offer me an automated push of updates or do I have zero options to use something else that will work?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

It sounds like you aren't using WSUS or Microsoft SCCM for update management?

guruuno

Correct.
Let me try to clarify/paint the picture.
I support you, remotely, your family members, in California, Texas, Florida, NJ, Michigan, all over the world, remotely, all individually owners of machines.  Some are small businesses with a Workgroup, a few with AD on a domain, most independent users.  I wish to achieve the ability to patch, via a central management process, much like LogMeIn does with their Central product.

trading10

Quote from: guruuno on January 15, 2018, 12:40:31 PM
Correct.
Let me try to clarify/paint the picture.
I support you, remotely, your family members, in California, Texas, Florida, NJ, Michigan, all over the world, remotely, all individually owners of machines.  Some are small businesses with a Workgroup, a few with AD on a domain, most independent users.  I wish to achieve the ability to patch, via a central management process, much like LogMeIn does with their Central product.

Did you find an alternate solution?  I have a business very similar to yours.  I left LMI Central, switched to Splashtop (due to cost) which has no remote push function or any patch managment.  Currently, I use PMPC on each remote machine, configure it manually to install a number of applications, and then schedule it to update daily.  I'm also looking for a way to centrally manage which apps get installed/updated/uninstalled.  Perfect example is CCleaner, after a recent update, comes preset to monitor in real-time even though I have the previous version installed with monitoring disabled.  Meaning, after that update, I am faced with having to remote into many machines to remove CCleaner in favor of the portable app version that does not stay resident.  If there were a way to centrally manage and monitor application installs with PMPC or another you've found, I'd love to see it.

Eyes Fit

Quote from: guruuno on January 11, 2018, 08:46:15 PM
Having been a LogMeIn Central subscriber for many years, I am switching to another provider because of costs.  However, LogMeIn Central had a nice "push" feature that installed updates as well as a host of other items, but this question is regarding the update pushes.
I have about 200+ end users that via LogMeIn got a lot of the updates automatically pushed via their included routines.  With the end of my subscription to them I'm looking for an alternative solution such as what you have, however no 'SCUP' is included on any of the users as they are mostly 1-2 individuals and stand alone clients.
Can your program in any way, shape or form offer me an automated push of updates or do I have zero options to use something else that will work?

They're collaborating closely with the ConfigMgr PG, and greater filtering should be accessible natively in the SCCM interface in the future, eliminating the need to establish a special catalogue URL each product.

Also, instead of using SCCM in-console to publish, you could always utilize our publishing service, which presently offers a lot more benefits in terms of automation and customisation than what is now available in SCCM CB: