• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Wireshark Update 3.2.6

Started by Danny_C, September 09, 2020, 02:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danny_C

Older version of Wireshark not detected as installed (see image)

Danny_C

Now this has been moved to fixed, how long before I should see something on my endpoints?

beefy80

We are also seeing issues with Wireshark 64-bit not offering update for 3.2.6 either.  We are using Intune.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We are looking into this now. Sorry for the delay, this topic was originally created in the Fixed board so we didn't get our normal notifications.

Cody Mathis (Patch My PC)

Hello,

The EXE version of Wireshark should now detect as expected. You will need to delete the application from Intune, and then run a Publisher sync to recreate it with an updated detection method.

Just to be safe, you can also uncheck Wireshark as a product, apply settings, then re-check Wireshark, and apply prior to running a sync.

Let us know if it doesn't work!

Danny_C

Thanks - giving it a try this morning. Will update

Danny_C

Ahhhhh - I've got the MSI version installed. That still isn't being detected.

The MSI will not be detected by design, the EXE and MSI are different installers and should be detected independently. The MSI seems to be somewhat new, so we would need to add support for it. Can you submit a new feature request here https://ideas.patchmypc.com/ for MSI version of Wireshark, and we will try to fasttrack it.

beefy80

I can confirm the EXE installer is working now for upgrade.  I was not aware of an MSI based installer for Wireshark (I must admit).

Danny_C

@Justin

Added a request to ideas - FYI, Wireshark have provided MSI installers since 2017

Cheers

Interesting, it's odd it's not a very visible option in the download page.

Quote from: Danny_C on September 18, 2020, 06:05:26 AM
@Justin

Added a request to ideas - FYI, Wireshark have provided MSI installers since 2017

Cheers