• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.

Started by Kelemvor, February 04, 2020, 02:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelemvor

Howdy,

PMCP works great but we are removing Admin rights from our users so I need a way to run it as the System (or some other built in) account.  When I try to do so, I get an error in the log stating:

Unable to connection to patchmypc.com. Please verify you have internet connection And try to browse to https://patchmypc.com. Error: Error creating the Web Proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration section.

We use Cisco Umbrella as our Proxy so when it runs under the System account, it can't get to the internet.  I'm not sure what it's referring to with the 'system.net/defaultproxy' stuff but am wondering if I can code a Proxy value into a config/ini file somewhere or how else I could tell the program to use a specific proxy when it runs.

Or if anyone has any other ideas on other options I might have, I'd be open to other thoughts.

Thanks!

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Kelemvor

I don't see an Advanced Tab.  Where do I find it?

I looked under Options but didn't find anything about a Proxy setting and don't see an Advanced section.

Thanks.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

O sorry, this is for the home updater, we don't support a proxy today.

Quote from: Kelemvor on February 04, 2020, 02:25:09 PM
I don't see an Advanced Tab.  Where do I find it?

I looked under Options but didn't find anything about a Proxy setting and don't see an Advanced section.

Thanks.