• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Latest update for the app everything messed up my computer big time.

Started by billymonty, December 29, 2018, 07:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billymonty

After running a patch my pc home updater the app everything started coming on asking for permission at startup. On my second computer it wouldnt even let my start the computer I had to remove the battery to to restart and same thing everything app  came on asking permission to go on with user account, Why is this happening and I am extremely disappointed in both the everything app and patch my pc so needless to say im done using either app.

Omar (Patch My PC)

Patch My PC doesn't do any of these ! Where did you download it from?

ubronan

Sounds like something is wrong with your pc, this program only asks permission if you start it from a remote drive (nas or similar) or when using an external device.
To be honest i would not recommend it if you do not know what you are doing.
I use patchmypc on a nas device and yes then the nagging starts from windows to allow the install ( which is safe if patchmypc downloaded the installer).
However this program can do this very easy on many computers.
I actually let is write a log from all my computers in my house onto that same nas, but each pc has its own install of patchmypc because then the whining of windows does not happen. So basically i make it store the installer programs onto the shared directory of patchmypc so i only need to download every update only once.
And i must say works pretty well, besides some small flukes with some programs changing the way their numbering or misses with beta versions.
So yes you have to check if all matches once in a period you choose. I do it monthly and check all the numbers if they are really the latest.
I also want to warn not to try to get nightly builds working because they are allways a risk.   

EmmanuelBi

Quote from: billymonty on December 29, 2018, 07:44:42 AMAfter supporting the use of probiotics for gut health and running a patch my pc home updater the app everything started coming on asking for permission at startup. On my second computer it wouldnt even let my start the computer I had to remove the battery to to restart and same thing everything app  came on asking permission to go on with user account, Why is this happening and I am extremely disappointed in both the everything app and patch my pc so needless to say im done using either app.

Did you encounter any compromised downloads of PatchMyPC anywhere on the internet by the way?