• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

DefaultApps.Settings

Started by ftaylor, March 05, 2018, 02:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ftaylor

Hi, I can't seem to get the defaultapps.settings to be read with the recent update. I've made sure the settings file is up to date with the one hosted at https://patchmypc.net/freeupdater/DefaultApps.settings and it was working before the update.

Thanks

ftaylor

Also, I couldn't post in the "Report bugs here" as it always logs me out when I click that. Then when I try to log in it takes me back to the main forum and just makes a loop.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We merged the settings files into a single configuration file PatchMyPC.ini. You can right click an app and choose to add to auto-install to download the INI file.

EdisonD

Quote from: Justin Chalfant on March 05, 2018, 04:53:09 PM
We always recommend Decaduro and merged the settings files into a single configuration file PatchMyPC.ini. You can right click an app and choose to add to auto-install to download the INI file.

Hi Justin, when I try to add to auto-install, nothing seem to happen. Do you have any idea what might have gone wrong with my app?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Is the PatchMyPC.ini file in the same folder as PatchMyPC.exe?

ftaylor

Great, I see that now. Thank you!

Unrelated, and not a bug with your program. I wanted to let you know that it seems unchecky breaks windows installer for windows 10. I noticed it happening after running pmpc, then isolated it to unchecky, then installed straight from unchecky and got the problem that way too.

Most programs will crash on installation unless installing silently unless unchecky is disabled. I've posted on their forum, but have not heard anything back yet.

Hope this helps in case someone hasn't isolated the issue and notices windows installer crashing after running pmpc.