• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Disabling checks for certain programs for all users?

Started by Kelemvor, March 07, 2018, 07:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelemvor

Howdy,

Since the .settings files don't work any more, how can I make it so that none of the computers in our office will check for certain updates if they all run the program with /s from a network share?  We don't want the Java JDKs to update since we need certain versions to do certain things.

It doesn't seem like those settings are stored in the exported INI file from what I can tell.  I right clicked a few things to disable the auto updates and exported the INI file but nothing changed.

Not sure if that's a bug or WAD or what.

trendless

Looks like those settings have been moved to the registry for some reason. If it's not possible to include them in the central .ini file, PMP just got a *LOT* less useful.

Kelemvor

Yeah, we just have a group policy that sets the registry keys and creates a scheduled task on every computer so we can manage it that way.

trendless

Indeed. I'm having trouble seeing that as a useful change.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

These settings where actually always in the registry (The old .settings file just auto imported the registry keys from the exported machine).

We are looking to get them added into the INI file soon. Initially, we were thinking most apps would generally be skipped at a per-device basis so the skip option would be fine just using the local registry / Patch My PC UI  per-device. After from feedback, including this post, we can see there are some use cases from globally skipping apps and wanting to apply that to all machines.

With that said, we are going to be looking at making the Skip apps option available to export to the INI file it's just not there yet.