• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Prioritizing Programs

Started by duddude, March 21, 2012, 02:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duddude

Hey Justin.
Great program. Saves lots of time as an IT. Thank you. I appreciate it.

I am distributing PMPC to many PC's using PSEXEC in .bat files. I noticed that if I deploy it to a computer being used, everything is ok, it just gets stuck on either Firefox or Java. Some users just never log off. Is it possible to avoid these at first, and then go back to them?

Or do i need to import .reg file with no Firefox, no Java into the machines, run PMPC, and then after a while, import another .reg with the usual settings and run it again.

On a side note, it seems like when i use this method, and use /s switch, patchmypc starts on the client computer, and then just waits and does nothing. I used a work around by using the /s switch on PSEXEC, which starts the process on the Admin account so the user cant see it, and then just used /AUTO with PMPC.

Sorry if i'm being wordy. Thank you Justin. Awesome work. :D

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hey,

The reason it is getting hung up at Firefox/Java is because Firefox or Internet Explorer it open. In order for Java to install successfully all browsers need to be closed. Once browsers are closed PMPC should continue with the update.

You can skip Java update by importing a regeistry key on the target machine but Java is an important update so that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Justin

dragon2611

It would be good if PMPC could Timeout after so long waiting for an app to be closed and skip onto the next update then once it's done all the other updates have another go at updating whatever it was that's holding things up?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Very good idea I will try to get this in the next version!