• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Patch my PC has encountered a problem

Started by robwolfe, September 19, 2011, 01:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robwolfe

With version 2.01 and 2.02 I am getting the error Patch My PC has encountered a problem and needs to close. ANy idea what I can do to track this down?
First machine that caused any problem.
Love the program.
Thanks
Robert

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

robwolfe

Here is the screen shot.
Robert

Most likely a Microsoft .NET issue. Make sure you have Microsoft .net 3.5 SP1 installed if so re-install it.

Justin

robwolfe

You were right on. I uninstalled all net framework versions and then installed version 4.  PatchMyPC did not like that version so installed 3.5. While 3.5 did not install properly  PatchMyPC is happy.

Used Cleaner to clean out the registry errors after the uninstalls.

Robert

robwolfe

After much playing I managed to have only version 4 on the computer. PatchMyPC does not recognize this version. I have since tried adding 3.5 by no go.

Robert

Yeah it most likely won't work if .NET 3.5 is corrupt. Here is a link to .NET 3.5 offline install you could try this http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=25150

robwolfe

Thanks but tied it several times and the install always fails. Have used Dr Web Cureit, Avast, Malwarebytes, Spybot, Superatispyware and Emsisoft and found nothing. Ran Sfc /scannow. Gave up and used the .Net cleanup tool and started over. Only version 4 of .Net will install. Apparently enough of 3.5 installs to allow PatchmyPC to work.

robwolfe

Finally got 3.5 to install but now not getting version numbers for common updates.