• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Updated Definitions?

Started by warwagon, October 23, 2013, 09:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warwagon

The current Definition date says 10.05.13? When can we expect an update. Since then there has been a new

Thunderbird 24.1
Java 7 update 45
Adobe Reader 11.0.5
iTunes 11.1.2
Macrium Reflect Free 5.2.6427

Who knows what else. We REALLY need these definitions updated.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

We updated three of these tonight. Adobe Reader 11.0.5 is an incremental update not a full installer.

warwagon

Thanks! I was getting worried there for a bit!

warwagon

Any news on when the next definition update will be released to add the new version of malwarebytes and new versions of flash and other updated software?

I think there is new versions of the following

ccleaner
cdburner xp
itunes
Flash
malwarebytes
Macrium Refect
Java
Security Essentials

That's just what i've seen updated when running Ketarin.

warwagon

Can you release a tool which allows us to create our own custom definition file. With all the latest updates.

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hi, This is something that could easily be done, but it could be used to download malware for the update files (This could cause our PatchMyPC.exe to be falsely detected as malware for all users). This is why it hasn't been added.

warwagon

Well one feature that would be killer (great) would be to have a mode in which patchmypc doesn't install but just downloads the file to a directory. Then when run on a pc and if the directory is located on a USB stick it checks that directory for the updates instead of downloading them from the internet.