• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

False positive on Git duplicate install

Started by rdebath, September 13, 2017, 04:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdebath

PaytchMyPC says I "might" have two versions of 'Git' installed and refuses to update it automatically.

If I go to the uninstaller tab there is only one install of Git listed (as expected), however, I do notice that it's listing "Git Extensions" there: https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions
This is an addon to Git that installs git.

Git Extensions 2.49,2.49.00,Henk,MsiExec.exe /I{79DDC732-E58F-4ACF-B9D5-2413C9E5C917},02/21/2017,
Git version 2.11.1,2.11.1,The Git Development Community,"C:\Program Files\Git\unins000.exe",02/21/2017,

When I tick 'git' and force an install it installs the 32bit version side-by-side with the existing 64bit version

After this there are two versions installed, but only the old 64bit version is visible from the Windows10 "craplet" version of the windows installer interface. Both versions are visible from the control panel version "Programs and Features".

Omar (Patch My PC)

Thanks for reporting and sorry about that, it will be fixed in the next release of Patch My PC :)

Omar (Patch My PC)

rdebath

I downgraded my install and the new version of PatchMyPC has upgraded it correctly.

+1