• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Script error

Started by Saucer419, September 25, 2015, 05:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saucer419

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

https://s.ytimg.com/yts/jsbin/www-embed-player-new-vflQo6seZ/www=embed=player=new.js

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes No

Chosing either yes or no leads to nothing happening even though it shows 3 programs need updating. But these programs have been  updated. Please help! Have reinstalled several times. I have screen shot but it won't upload
Running Win 10

Chenz0

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Can you let us know if you get it now?

Saucer419

to Patch
The program no longer gives me the script error, but fails to update programs. In step 1 the PatchMyPc program finds 3 apps that need updating, but actually these have been updated manually so they are not out of date. After clicking on "Update 3 Programs" I just get a blank portion of the screen where you usually see the programs being updated. I've attached 2 screen shots to explain. Clicking on Recheck Software just gives me the same 3 apps that are already up to date. I did download a new copy of PatchMyPc and removed the old copy. It is so odd because I have another pc with similar programs installed and PatchMyPc works just fine.
Thanks for your help.

Chenz0

Working OK for me. Thanks!

Saucer419

I found a file in my root driver (C:) called PatchMyPcUpdates which contained 0 kilobytes. I opened it with notepad and found nothing. I then moved the file (required admin permission) to a temp directory and ran the program PatchMyPc. It worked just fine updating the 3 programs that it refused to update previously. There were also some files that look like registry files dated the same day as PatchMyPcUpdates. I left them alone but would like to delete them if it is safe.
I really like the program. Thank you.

Was this a file and not a folder?

Quote from: Saucer419 on September 29, 2015, 08:52:34 AM
I found a file in my root driver (C:) called PatchMyPcUpdates which contained 0 kilobytes. I opened it with notepad and found nothing. I then moved the file (required admin permission) to a temp directory and ran the program PatchMyPc. It worked just fine updating the 3 programs that it refused to update previously. There were also some files that look like registry files dated the same day as PatchMyPcUpdates. I left them alone but would like to delete them if it is safe.
I really like the program. Thank you.

warwagon

I've also been seeing this a lot. Once just a few mins ago when updating my tablet with the latest version of Patchmypc.

We are looking into this. It's due to the website tab loading our page seems IE in the program sometimes doesn't like that.

Omar (Patch My PC)

It should be fixed by now.