• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Configure SMS Provider issues

Started by jstrong, January 25, 2023, 09:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jstrong

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up the Patch My PC publishing service with a trial license to do a test run.
I'm having an issue configuring the sms provider, hoping someone can lend some advice.

I have followed the steps outlined here: https://patchmypc.com/permissions-required-in-sccm-for-base-installation-packages-from-patch-my-pc
The security role has been set up by importing the provided XML. I've verified the settings match what's in the article.
I've added the WSUS server (where the PMPC service is running) as a user with that security role as outlined.
The error message I receive when testing the SMS provider is "The service was unable to connect as System. This is frequently caused by incorrect or missing permissions."

I've tried a few things to resolve this:
- giving the system account the Full Administrator role
- Configuring a domain account that has the PMPC role or Full Administrator

Could there be something I'm overlooking here?

I did notice in the event logs this error "The PatchMyPCService service is marked as an interactive service.  However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services.  This service may not function properly." All servers are running 2012R2 where this is disabled, does the service require us to enable interactivity?

Thank you

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

The first thing I would try is to stop the Patch My PC service and restart it. If that does not allow things to work you will want to look at getting the interactive service operation enabled.

jstrong

Hi Jake,
Thanks for the suggestion but no luck with allowing the service to be interractive.
Reboots haven't changed anything either.

bjr

Old call so please ignore if already sorted , make sure you have installed the MECM console on the server and rebooted - that sorted it for me