• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Webex update failing on non-English machines

Started by rlgura, May 27, 2022, 01:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlgura

I'm seeing failures for Webex (fka Webex Teams) updates failing on machines in Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Taipei, etc. Update seems to be working fine on US and other English-based machines (London, Sydney, etc).
Currently pushing 42.5.0.22259, but this has been ongoing since at least 42.2
Error in MSI log is "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel.". That's kind of the whole point of updates is that the product is already installed! (Version 42.4.0.21893 is currently installed via our own manual package i pushed last month)

I think I'll try making a pre-install script to remove the existing version first, but anyone else seeing this and have a fix?

rlgura

DOH! Can't do an uninstall first on a update, because then it doesn't detect the update as needed!  ::)

rlgura

Seems this is due to Windows Installer using a unique product code for each system language (even though I'm not using a tranform)

QuoteMSI (s) (04:B8) [22:07:33:766]: Product Code from property table before transforms: '{A9559C2B-F7C4-5D7A-8293-3B1D2D0C73D5}'
MSI (s) (04:B8) [22:07:33:766]: Product Code from property table after transforms:  '{611AD18D-000D-4ABB-84FD-CC503FDE8EC6}'

Adding ProductLanguage=1033 to commandline forced it to install English and seems to be resolving the issue.

Andrew Jimenez (Patch My PC)

Oh wow! We actually have had a few customers with this issue and have been unable to determine a resolution. I'll pass this info on to our other customers and see if it fixes it for them as well.

Thanks so much for posting the fix!