• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Recent posts

Hello
I am using the Patch My PC Custom Apps feature (side note: it works so well!) and the MSI leaves a desktop shortcut for the app.  We would rather this not occur.  The option to "Delete desktop shortcut(s) created by this application" that we normally choose in the pmpc app is greyed out/disabled.  The MSI is not made in-house, it is vendor provided.  (The MSIs that we make in-house we do not choose to leave the desktop shortcut).  What is the best practice for ensuring these desktop shortcuts are either not created or removed after install?

tia!:)
Dear colleagues,

as mentioned in my caption, the maintenance release 7.0.16 contains serious bugs regarding
VB network interface driver. BSOD, freezing and other issues are common. Important: crashed
VDI container are getting corrupt and data loss could be possible!!

VB trouble ticket: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/22045#no1

Here the official announcement:

ATTENTION: PLEASE REFRAIN FROM UPGRADING TO 7.0.16 FOR NOW. THIS RELEASE HAS AN ISSUE WHICH MIGHT CAUSE HOST OS CRASH WHEN VM IS CONFIGURED TO USE BRIDGED OR HOST-ONLY NETWORKING. WE WILL SEND AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAILING LISTS WHEN FIX WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD.

Ronald, 3rd level support engineer ivdk.org

Golden Financial Solutions is a trusted financial advisory firm committed to providing personalized strategies and solutions to help clients achieve their financial goals and secure a brighter financial future. With a focus on transparency, integrity, and expertise, they offer comprehensive services including debt relief, financial planning, and wealth management.

Custom rigid boxes offer premium packaging solutions tailored to your specific needs and branding requirements. With sturdy construction and customizable designs, these boxes provide an elegant and durable enclosure for your products. Whether for retail, gifts, or promotions, our custom rigid boxes elevate the presentation and protection of your items with style and sophistication.

NDIS Frankston offers personalized support and services to individuals with disabilities in the Frankston area. With a commitment to enhancing independence and well-being, we provide a comprehensive range of supports, including accommodation assistance, therapy services, community participation programs, and coordination of support, tailored to meet the unique needs of each participant.

Elevate your professional style with our men's leather laptop bags in the UK. Handcrafted from premium leather, each bag combines luxury with functionality, providing ample storage for your laptop and essentials. With timeless designs and superior craftsmanship, our bags offer durability and sophistication, perfect for the modern gentleman on the move.

Hi Steven,

When you mark an app as "available" (not required) for all users in the PMPC console, it means users can choose to install the app if they want, but it's not mandatory. For corresponding updates, since there isn't an "available" option, you'd typically mark them as "required" for all users. However, PMPC/Intune won't force install updates for apps that users haven't installed. The update assignment applies to users who have the app installed, ensuring they receive the necessary updates. If a user doesn't have the specific app installed, the corresponding updates won't be applicable to their device.

Hope this clears things up! If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards,
UK Dissertation Writer
It is helpful, thank you so much for the information.
Took some time but I found out what happened: when PatchMyPC starts it automatically takes the keyboard focus and any keyboard input is directed to the toggle button near "Main Software", when then the space button is pressed all software is automatically selected for installation. As I use the space button very much (for stating/stopping audio) the only thing that wonders me is why this has not happened earlier...

Technically this may not be a bug, however I think it is a very good idea to change this behavior for it has a large risk of creating unintended (and unattended) installations of a large amount of software.

with kind regards, Harry
Thanks for you help.