• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Reset ConfigMgr Apps options?

Started by rejohnson, January 04, 2023, 10:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rejohnson

We want to reset the configuration for a ConfigMgr App.  The right-click options show some settings are checked and we don't want those checked any longer.  What is best practice to start over?

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

Simply clicking them again will uncheck them. For the most part most of the options are either enabled or not. A few do give you the option of adding additional things like files/folders or parameters.

So uncheck the ones you don't want and then you would want to republish the app/update: https://patchmypc.com/when-and-how-to-republish-third-party-updates

rejohnson

Unfortunately, just clicking does not uncheck all of them.  It just brings up the dialog window.  Some settings have a "reset" button, some can be blanked out, but not all.  For example, if a custom folder move was selected once, it can't be unchecked to go back to the default settings in ConfigMgr Apps > Options.

Jake Shackelford (Patch My PC)

Correct when I said clicking, I meant the option itself not the application I apologize! Additionally, you can't reset some of the settings like Command Line prompt or others, however those default to blank so simply clearing them out will give you the default.

For a full reset you can move the Settings.xml file located in the install directory of the Patch My PC publisher to another location and after reopening the application you will have a fresh slate. This would reset everything however.