• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

Unable to Publish Applications

Started by itsame, January 20, 2020, 02:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsame

Sorry if I chose the wrong board to post this.  I configured the Applications tab of the Patch My PC Publish Settings app and everything went smoothly as far as I can tell.

I went ahead and ran the publishing service sync and it failed to create the applications.  Everything else such as downloading and publishing updates to WSUS works with no issue.

In the logs, I see the following:

"An error occurred while reporting: Unable to find the Assembly: AdminUI.WqlQueryEngine, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35
The SCCM administration console was not found on this server. Unable to publish applications in SCCM."

However, I do have the SCCM console installed in all default directories on our WSUS server.  Is there something simple here that I'm missing?

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Restart the PatchMyPCService, if you just installed the console a service restart is needed.

itsame

Looks like that was part of the issue.  The other part looked to be a bad install for the console.  The AdminUI.WelQueryEngine.dll and the SMS_ADMIN_UI_PATH environment variable were missing.  :-\

Reinstalled the console and restarted the service and it's now working as expected.  Appreciate the assistance!

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Interesting, not sure why the console wouldn't set those the first install. Thanks for the update.