• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

detection issue with Box for Office 4.6.1.1251

Started by BobS, November 23, 2018, 01:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobS

There appears to be a detection issue with Box for Office 4.6.1.1251. According to our installed software reports, we have only 29 systems with some version of Box for Office. In the SCCM console, I see that 9400+ systems "require" Box for Office 4.6.1.1251. It looks like there is something wrong with the rules for the update.

Thanks,

Bob

Omar (Patch My PC)

The company pulled version 4.6.1.1251 a couple of days after the release and the  now the latest is the previous one v4.6.1246.
So we expired v4.6.1.1251 and re-activated v4.6.1246 back in SCUP Catalog Update of 11.15.18

BobS

There appears to be an issue with the detection requirements of Box for Office 4.6.1.1251. According to our audit reports, we only have 28 systems with any version of Box for Office installed. Box for Office 4.6.1.1251 is 'detecting' that 9,583 systems require the upgrade. Please fix the detection method for this update.

Bob

Omar (Patch My PC)

Justin Chalfant (Patch My PC)

Hey Bob,

Detection looks correct on our end. This update will only be detected if one of the file based detections in the below screenshot is on the machine.

This box update was actually pulled from the vendor though so we did actually expire it. You can send us a technical support request if you did want us to dig into this deeper here: https://patchmypc.com/technical-support we could schedule a remote session.

Quote from: BobS on November 27, 2018, 08:52:32 AM
There appears to be an issue with the detection requirements of Box for Office 4.6.1.1251. According to our audit reports, we only have 28 systems with any version of Box for Office installed. Box for Office 4.6.1.1251 is 'detecting' that 9,583 systems require the upgrade. Please fix the detection method for this update.

Bob

BobS

Mine looks like the attached. I'm not seeing the rules that you are. How do I fix this?

Bob

That's interesting we have seen this once before when the update-import become corrupt in SCUP. Can you email support@<ourdomainname> and we can setup a quick Zoom Meeting to get this fixed.