• Welcome to Support Forum: Get Support for Patch My PC Products and Services.

WinMerge & Avidemux

Started by CristianM, September 23, 2019, 02:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CristianM

I've set Patch My PC Updater to wake up my PC, perform a scan, and install any outdated app silently each day.

However, I noticed that WinMerge 2.16.2.0 is marked in red (as if it needs an update) in the 'App To Install' tab. But the version already installed on my PC is the 2.16.4.0 (x64), so the version detected is older and wrong.

In addition, by pressing the 'Perform 1 Update' button after the wrong detection of WinMerge, I noticed PMPU tries to inexplicably install Avidemux 2.7.4 (x64), which is already installed on my PC, though.

So, basically, PMPU performs a scheduled scan each day, it detects WinMerge, but tries to install Avidemux (I don't actually know if the 2 things are related, though). In addition, the installation of Avidemux stucks, leaving behind a lot of "Avidemux 2.7.4 (x64).exe" instances in background, which I have to kill myself manually with the windows task manager.

Instead, PMPU would be supposed to detect no outdated app, since WinMerge 2.16.4.0 (x64) and Axidemux 2.7.4 (x64) are both already installed on my PC.

Thank you in advance.

Omar (Patch My PC)

This usually means that you have older versions of these apps installed on your machine and PMPC still detects them as outdated, see if you have older versions installed and remove them and this should be fixed.

CristianM

Thank you for your answer.

I checked more carefully, and it appeared to be 2 WinMerge installations in 2 different folders, as you suggested, then I've removed both and installed the new version only. Now PMPU does not detect it as outdated anymore.

As for Avidemux, I dis-installed it, checked their forum, downloaded and installed the 2.7.5 (x64) for Windows, but unfortunately PMPU downloads the older 2.7.4 (x64) and tries to install that anyway.

Sorry to bother you again  ;D and thank you